Re: how to create again eth0

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 03:32:43PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:54:17 +0100
> abdelkader belahcene <abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks to everybody,
> > ifconfig -a doesn't display eth0, no up if possible!!!!!
> >
> > but I said the card is not detected, I mean there is not eth0 logical
> > device, while the info about the physical card is there in
> > /etc/udev/rules.d/70-***** .
> > the physical card is detected, something nasty has done, and now I don't
> > find eth0.
> >
> > I need may be to create a node , mknod or what ??
>
> I and another poster have pointed you to udev.  Have you read the
> article I mentioned?  If you have a wlan0, than some driver is picking
> up your card.  Is wlan0 functional?  Do you have a line like this

It sounded like the OP had both eth0 & wlan0 and now has lost eth0.

maybe the best approach is start at the bottom, can we get the output
from lspci ?

--
"And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years -- 4,000 hours over the next -- the rest of your life -- of service to America."

	- George W. Bush
04/09/2002
Bridgeport, Conn.