Re: lvm2 - question about pvmove

On 2009-07-13 12:55, Mike Castle wrote:
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
What if I want 4 "small" partitions instead of one monster 1TB partition?
 I've read that you need a target at least as large as the source.

(I've got this aching feeling that 1TB partitions are just not a good idea,
and that granularity is always a good idea...)

It makes no sense to have multiple LVM partitions on the same disk,
just to put them back together again as one big volume group.  I mean,
what's the purpose of using LVM in the first place then?

And if that huge drive starts to die, how do you move the data over to another device? AFAICT, there's no "lvmove".

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer