Re: The Debian way for ondemand cpufreq governor

* T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> [2009 Jul 11 11:48 -0500]:
> Hi,
>
> I am able to use the 2.6 kernel ondemand cpufreq governor, but I just
> noticed that I have to do 'modprobe powernow-k8' and change the cpufreq
> governor from performance to ondemand each time after I reboot.
>
> What's the Debian way to enable ondemand cpufreq governor by default
> (installing as minimum packages as possible)?

I don't know about the "Debian Way" but my preferred package is
'powernowd' which, despite its name, works very well with the Pentium M
CPU in my T41.  It also works well with the Pentium III in my T23.  IT
seems to do a good job of managing the demand governor and I don't
recall having to do anything special for it to work.

- Nate >>