How do I provide a particular process with as much CPU time as possible?

Hi,

simple question:

How do I provide a particular process with as much CPU time as
possible?

Use schedtool and assign it to a particular CPU (core)? Fine, but how
do I keep this core free from other tasks?

Read /Documentation/cgroups/cgroups.txt --- fine, this tells me that I
can create groups of tasks and hierarchies. But it doesn't tell me how
I assign resources to these groups.

Enable "Group CPU scheduler"? Maybe, but I don't need realtime
scheduling.

So how do you do it? I only want that game I'm playing to run faster.