Re: sorbs

pch0317 wrote:
What I can do to delisted from sorbs? Should I only use this link
http://www.au.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/support and everything will be ok?
You could do whatever they ask and then pray they actually de-list you. It's not a guarantee though. Which sites are blocking you based on SORBS?

First try to figure out why you got listed. Did you have a website compromise? Contact form spam? SMTP auth password guessed? Does your server bounce mail to external addresses?

Anyone have this problem?
Had. Ended up having to get a new IP because despite paying their ransom, they never de-listed us.

Why I have been listed on dnsbl.sorbs.net?
Most reputable dns blacklists use a combination of spam traps and common sense. SORBS can be quite trigger happy.

Only, because I haven't DNS
PTR record for my domain? Should I write this PTR to DNS?

Your DNS setup won't get you listed on a dnsbl, but it might cause mail providers to reject mail from you. You need to have a DNS A record that matches the hostname your MTA uses in SMTP conversation. telnet to your mail server on port 25 to find out. The hostname should be a fully qualified domain name. The A record should point to the server's primary IP (or which ever IP the server uses to send mail, if it's set different). In addition to that, said IP should have a PTR record that matches the hostname.

Good luck.

--kj