Re: No audio after recent upgrade

lee wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 08:03:45AM -0500, Russ Cook wrote:
>

>> I have since found that I have no audio.
>>

> Did you turn up the volume settings (for various things like "Master"
> and "PCM" and whatever is needed) with alsamixer or alsamixergui?

I haven't paid much attention to this thread, but I get the idea that
you may be seeing what I saw recently.

I had a perfectly functioning system, then I tried upgrading to KDE4.
Sound broke; nothing I did could resurrect it.

I finally broke down and wiped/reinstalled the system (shades of
Windows!), which restored audio functionality. I held off on installing
KDE for about a week, to make sure everything was still working. Then I
installed KDE4 (this is on Sid, btw), and sound worked for about half a
day, and then quit, and I haven't heard a thing since.

It's a third machine of mine, so I haven't worried about it; I've got
other things to worry about. But thought I'd mention it, just for the
record.

--
Kent West     <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com