Blog farming with pyblosxom and apache2?

I'm having some trouble figuring out how to get multiple pyblosxom
instances working on the same server. I thought I could do it like so:

    <VirtualHost *>
	    ServerName foo.example.com
	    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
	    DocumentRoot /var/www/foo
	    RewriteEngine On
	    RewriteRule   ^/blogs/([^?]+)(.*)$ /cgi-bin/pyblosxom.cgi$2 [E=SCRIPT_FILENAME:/etc/pyblosxom/$1]
    </VirtualHost>

with files in /etc/pyblosxom named for each blog. For example,
/etc/pyblosxom/foobar would serve up http://foo.example.com/blogs/foobar
once the elements of /etc/pyblosxom/foobar were all configured.

This doesn't seem to work for me; I just get apache errors saying:

    File does not exist: /var/www/foo/cgi-bin

when I can clearly stat /usr/lib/cgi-bin/pyblosxom.cgi from the command
line.

Can anyone point me to some information on how to do this correctly?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"