Re: flickr sometimes doesn't load on iceweasel (DIAGNOSED)

Hi Girish

> I'm having no problems with Flickr in Iceweasel 3.0.6 on Lenny.  Your
> photostream loads fine too.  Maybe you can post this on Flickr's help?

I have posted. It seems that my ISP (GVT, Curitiba, Brazil) cannot route
properly to one of Flickr's servers:

l.yimg.com

I discovered that since iceweasel hung with this status message:

Read l.yimg.com

and running

traceroute l.yimg.com

showed that the last hop reached was one of GVT's (the ISP).

I opened a trouble ticket against my ISP. They didn't seem to have a
clue since they instructed me to change my DNS settings ! I also opened
a trouble ticket with ANATEL, which is a telecom regulatory body: now my
ISP (GVT) has 5 working days to present a proper solution.

I'll make sure I post the final solution here to document it for future
reference. A member of Flickr staff wrote that other brazilian users
have been complaining about the same problem and they all use the same
ISP (GVT).

By the way, the problem is intermittent and happens on ALL browsers. It
was a coincidence that my photostream loaded on Opera when I first
tried.

Thanks for your interest

Paulo