Re: DVD download

On Sunday 05 July 2009 05:07 pm, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2009-07-05 22:42 +0200, Mark Neidorff wrote:
> > This concerns the 5.02 amd64 DVD #1
> >
> > Yesterday I downloaded the debian-502-amd64-DVD-1.iso file from
> > debian.org's site.  It was 4.4 Gb, but it failed sha1sum verification, so
> > today I again downloaded it, but it is now 2.0 Gb and again fails
> > sha1sum.  I have now downloaded the same file--
> > debian-502.amd64-DVD-1.iso -- from 2 mirrors and each time the file is
> > 2.0 Gb in size.  So, I'm guessing that something has gone wrong at Debian
> > and the errors are mirrored to the other sites?
>
> Or that the tool you used to download the iso, whatever it may be, has a
> problem with files > 2 GB.
>
> > Should I even bother downloading the DVD image now or send a report to
> > debian? If I should send a report, who should I send it to?
>
> Please report first which program in what version you used to download
> the image, and from which mirrors.

I'm using firefox 1.08 on a redhat 3 system.  The download window shows a file
size of 2097.2 MB.  There is almost 5 Gb of free disk space (yes, I'm sure)
so that is not the issue.

Here's the mirror that I'm now trying with:

http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/debian-cd/5.0.2/amd64/iso-dvd/

I got the same results from:

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.2/amd64/iso-dvd

I also tried ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/debian-cd/5.0.2/amd64

with the same results.
Mark