Re: editing protected fiels in a word document/remove password

lee wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 08:30:09AM +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 18:14 -0600, lee wrote:
Hi,

how do I remove a password or at least edit protected fields in a MS
word document that I'm editing with openoffice?

I'm trying to fill out a form, but some of the information requested
is not applicable. I need to replace some Yes/No boxes with my own
text ("does not apply"), but openoffice doesn't let me edit
this. These fields appear to be in a table.
I am definetly not a OOo expert, but you probably have to show the
Toolbar "View>Toolbars>Form Controls",

Then click on the "Design mode On/Off", to be able to change the
properties.

Thanks, but it doesn't work: I get the toolbar, but what I wanted to
modify doesn't appear to be selectable with the select option from the
toolbar. It's probably something else than a form control. When I
click on what I want to modify to select it, most icons in the toolbar
stay grayed out.

Though I printed the form and filled it out by hand instead, it still
would be nice to know how to overcome such restrictions ...

The whole purpose of protection is to PREVENT you from doing what you are trying to do. It wouldn't be much protection if this didn't work, would it?