Re: how do i grep boobies

That's how I interpreted all of this, nor did I feel any of the people here were objectifying women (or even geeks, though they were the target of the humour). It did lead to an interesting debate I've recently finished about how individuals often read into such statements false intentionality very easily (on grounds on gender, class, ethnicity or whatever), but it's still off-topic for Debian User at the end of the day as far as I see it. Not that I'd impose anything on anyone if I could.

Hal Vaughan wrote:

I thought a large part of the joke was self-reflexive, making fun of the stereotypical view of how geeks and nerds supposedly don't understand romantic relationships, in other words, that it was as much people making fun of the stereotypes they could fall into as it was anything else.