Re: Experimental repo

Osamu Aoki wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 08:37:14PM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> >
> > For apt pinning, if I want to add the experimental repo, do I also need to
> > add the qualifiers for 'non-free', 'restricted', etc.?
> >
> > or is it simply
> >
> > deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main
>
> Check this URL yourself to find how our archives are arranged!
>
>  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/experimental/
>
> I only see:
>
> [DIR]   contrib/        05-Apr-2009 13:31       -
> [DIR]   main/           05-Apr-2009 13:31       -
> [DIR]   non-free/       05-Apr-2009 13:31       -
>
> If you need contents in "non-free" and "contrib", add them.  There is no
> "restricted" in Debian.  You are confused with Ubuntu.

That answers my question, thanks!

> By the way, in "experimental" we only have
>  * "povray" in non-free and
>  * "bitlbee-skype" and "libjgrapht-java" in contrib.

Ah, okay, the Debian Wiki article didn't mention that part. I was hoping to
snag the new Iceweasel a little bit ahead of everyone else ;)

> Quite honestly, if you are asking this question, you may not be ready
> for experimental.  Please read following first:
>
>  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html

That link just generates a huge error dialogue in my browser.

BTW, please, please, please, do _not_ reply to me directly. It serves no
purpose for _anyone_ _ever_ and is a complete waste and messes up the threading
for me.

Thanks!