Re: KDE: Network printer, root only

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 22:27:28 +0200, Tina I wrote:
Hello list,

I have set up a printer server using CUPS. It seem to be functioning
OK. But I have a strange problem with the KDE client. The printer is
only visible/ available for root.  Even in Kcontrol I can only see
it in admin mode.

I have added the user to the lp/ lpadmin groups but that made no
difference. For the life of me I can not figure out what's wrong. I
did the same thing in Etch with no problem but this time in Lenny it
just doesn't work.

Can you connect to the CUPS web frontend at "http://localhost:631"; using
the browser of your choice as your normal user? If so, can you print a
test page? Do you get a pop-up window asking for a username and a
password at any point while trying this?

Guss I wasn't very clear. The server is a dedicated printer server and the client is on a different machine on the network. Anyway, I re-installed Cups and it started working. No idea what happened.

Thanks anyway :)
Tina