Re: [OT] Linksys wireless router on debian

On Thursday 25 June 2009 04:27 am, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> Hi you all,
>
> I bought a LinkSys WRT54GL wirelss router and I am going to configure
> it to extend my DSL connection at home.
> I am not new to debian but network(ing) skills are modest.
>
> Does anyone own this device and running debian?
> Any hint /solution about debian specific setup/trick is appreciated.
>
> regards
> -r

The answer to the big question that you ask...it will work just fine. But, we
need info to help you.  OK.  You have DSL.  How do all the computers connect
to the DSL?  Are any using wired connections?  What about a firewall?  I had
problems configuring my WRT54G and I found that the on-line chat people were
able to walk me through the configuration that I needed for my setup.

Networking is a big topic.  There is a book you can buy called "Linux Network
Administrator's Guide" or you can get an online version of the book at

http://tldp.org/LDP/nag2/index.html

It has what you need to  know.

Good luck,

Mark