Re: scroll heel problem

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Daryl Styrk wrote:

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 05:06:30PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Daryl Styrk wrote:

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 03:32:47PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
Just installed Lenny on my Dell d600 laptop. Any attempt to use the
mouse wheel results in an attempt to connect to a url consisting of
whatever I last copied to the clipboard and tells me it can't connect
(of course since what was on the clipboard wasn't a url). This distro,
loaded from the same cd doesn't exhibit the behavior on my desktop
box. Any ideas or pointers appreciated.

This is while your using a browser?  Gnome? KDE?

Damn! Got called away in the middle of composing the message and hit
send without looking when I got back.

Gnome w/ Firefox.

Sorry.

Easy fix.  Edit>Preferences>Advanced
Under Browsing check the box "Use autoscrolling"

You're right, it stopped the attempts to connect to a phony URL. This raises the question: why doesn't my desktop computer running the same distro exhibit the behavior even though "Use autoscrolling" isn't enabled?

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279