Re: scroll heel problem

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Daryl Styrk wrote:

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 05:06:30PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Daryl Styrk wrote:

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 03:32:47PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
Just installed Lenny on my Dell d600 laptop. Any attempt to use the
mouse wheel results in an attempt to connect to a url consisting of
whatever I last copied to the clipboard and tells me it can't connect
(of course since what was on the clipboard wasn't a url). This distro,
loaded from the same cd doesn't exhibit the behavior on my desktop
box. Any ideas or pointers appreciated.

This is while your using a browser?  Gnome? KDE?

Damn! Got called away in the middle of composing the message and hit
send without looking when I got back.

Gnome w/ Firefox.

Easy fix.  Edit>Preferences>Advanced
Under Browsing check the box "Use autoscrolling"

You're right, it stopped the attempts to connect to a phony URL. This raises the question: why doesn't my desktop computer running the same distro exhibit the behavior even though "Use autoscrolling" isn't enabled?

Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279
 check the price of the beer"