Is this a bug which should be filed?

I have a machine with 2 IDE CD/DVD drives on the same channel. A DVD-RW is /dev/hdc and a Plextor CD-RW is /dev/hdd. I also dual-boot between an Etch installation and a Lenny installation; both standard GNOME desktops.

The problem is that Lenny will not detect a blank CD in the CD-RW drive. Etch does, placing in /var/log/messages this entry: kernel: cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!

There is no corresponding entry, ever, under Lenny although the drive light keeps lit (as it does for Etch) and does not go out which it does when there is no disk in the drive.

What if any bug should I file?

Thank you
Bruce Ward