Re: CUPS Problem: "Unable to start filter "pdftoraster" - Success."

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 18:04:47 +0100, AG wrote:
Hi list

Can someone point me in the right direction of a fix/workaround for
this apparent bug please.

Nothing prints at present and the webadmin page displays: "Unable to
start filter "pdftoraster" - Success."

The only result using Google I can find is:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.bugs.general/584860
which doesn't bode well as I too am running an AMD64 using Squeeze.

Restarting the printer and attempting a test page fails quietly.

The relevant file, /usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftoraster, is part of
ghostscript-cups. Is this package installed on your system?

Florian

Apparently not:

$ whereis pdftoraster
pdftoraster:

And nothing with a manual ls, either.

There is no installation candidate for pdftoraster AFAICT from apt-cache search

Isn't that the bug though - a call for a file that doesn't exist or am I misreading that bug description?

Cheers

AG