Can't remove LVM swap device

Hi,

I have to replace a disk that contains a lvm volume group with a logical partition previously used as swap device (dev/vg01/swap).

I replaced the swap partition with another one, changed /etc/fstab and removed the uswsusp package since I noticed that there was an entry for /dev/vg01/swap in uswsusp.conf.

Still I can't remove the old lvm swap partition. Seems, someone is still sitting on the old swap device, but I can't find out, who.

groucho:~# lvremove -f /dev/vg01/swap
  Can't remove open logical volume "swap"

groucho:~# grep swap /etc/fstab
/dev/mapper/vg00-swap none      swap    sw              0       0

groucho:~# cat /proc/swaps
Filename				Type		Size	Used	Priority
/dev/mapper/vg00-swap                   partition	2097144	179624	-1

Klaus