Re: mounting ntfs partition

Yes, you're right.  So can anyone tell me why is this message that the file system is unknown in printed?

2009/6/25 Γιώργος Πάλλας <gpall@ccf.auth.gr>
Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
Yes Johannes, I guess I just identified the problem.

After the system is up everything works.  However, during start up a message is printed that reports a failure: it says ntfs-3g is not a know file type.  I don't remember the exact message but it clearly says the driver is not available.

After boot up everything works when the driver should be available.  I changed the configuration so that the default ntfs module is used (which provides read-only access) and it worked.  I don't have access to my PC now, but adding the ntfs-3g driver to the initial ramdisk should solve the problem, right?

Thanks,
Nima

I don't think that the initrd needs this driver. I think that filesystems other than root, they get mounted when the initrd image has finished its job...

G.