DNS problem in testing?

I updated my testing system, as usual, this morning, but then
suspended my machine (so everything worked as it had been all day).
This evening, I rebooted, and suddenly no sites could be found.
(Other machines on my network did not have the problem.)  Putting the
IP addresses of the nameservers as reported by my router in
/etc/resolv.conf (a file apparently maintained by Network Manager)
solved the problem.  But, of course, I shouldn't have to do that.  So,
the problem is (at least temporarily) solved, but has anyone else
observed odd DNS behavior?

Patrick