Re: Show me locale fomats

2009/6/24 Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 05:34:08PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> On a Debian system how can the user see what his locale configuration
>> configures? For instance, I know that if a user has:
>> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
>> then his date format is mm/dd/yyyy however where can I see that? How
>> can I get the system to show that to me?
>
> Please read:
>  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch09.en.html#_customized_display_of_time_and_date
>  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch01.en.html#_lang_variable
>  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch08.en.html

Thank you, Osamu. While I am one of the few people who actually
appreciate being RTFMed, in this case the fine manual jsut did not
state what I needed. I will admit, however, that I do spend more time
googling nowadays rather than going right to the manual.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il