CUPS print jobs get interrupted, lost

Somewhere in the last few updates of my Sid system I noticed that print
jobs in process get lost if another job comes along behind it, whether
from my own machine or another one on the LAN.  I have an HP 1200
(parallel) and use this machine as the CUPS server.  A current job of 4
pages might print 2, then the new job will come out and the rest of the
pages will be lost.

I don't recall this ever happening before so am at a loss about its
cause.  I don't see any error messages in the CUPS log relating to this,
either.

I also recently upgraded my home-rolled kernel to version 2.6.29 if that
might have an effect.  I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything related
to this but...

Anyone have an idea what might have happened?  Is there a permissions
thing going on, perhaps?

Cheers,

Kenward
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --
      Albert Einstein