Re: CDBS - how to source a shell fragement before running ./configure?

In <[🔎] 4A3FD5FD.60703@aei.mpg.de>, Carsten Aulbert wrote:
>I'm currently packaging some "internal" software named gds with the
>great CDBS package. However, I have a problem. One of the build
>dependencies installs things into a non-standard system location (read
>/opt) and I need to source one file to let the configure script know
>where to look for certain software.
>
>Right now my debian/rules file [...]
>works provided I source /opt/foo/bar.sh before running
>dpkg-buildpackage. Obviously, I would like to get this included into the
>rules file, however, my current attempts failed since it seems that the
>"source" only happens in a subshell and the remaining (inlcuded makefile
>snippets odn't know about this)
>
>Any idea how to solve this? If possible I'd like to stay with CDBS :)

I don't have an answer for you immediately, although moving off of CDBS
would be my first instinct.  However, I would point you toward the -mentors
and -devel lists, which will have a larger number of packaging experts on
them.

They have the same posting and CCing policy, so there's no need to subscribe
for a simple one-off question.