Re: Where is file manage preference set

Alan Chandler wrote:
I have a gnome desktop, but haven't always (meaning there are probably dot directories with configuration hanging around in my home directory).

I just installed Digikam, and presume it must have brought in Dolphin as a dependency, because now when I select "Places/Home Folder" from my panel, Dophin starts rather than Nautilus.

I have tried how to change it back so that Nautilus starts, but can't find out how.

Any ideas?

I just discovered ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list as a mimetype of inode. When I edit that from kde4-dolphin.desktop to nautilus.desktop I get the places menu working again properly.