Re: Icons disappear from toolbar in KDE applications (k3b, amarok, soundkonverter, …) running on Xfce

Paulo Marcel Coelho Aragao wrote:
Hello !

I have recently switched from KDE to Xfce after an unpleasant encounter
with KDE4, and I'm happy I switched: KDE feels like an elephant whereas
Xfce feels like a dragonfly, in look'n'feel and speed: it's lean and
elegant.

I'm intrigued though by a quirk: some icons disappear from toolbars in
KDE applications. I'm a die hard user of: amarok, k3b, k9copy,
soundkonverter, kflickr and kmldonkey. In all these applications, icons
disappeared from some toolbars. In amarok, for instance, the default
bottom toolbar should include icons for Previous Track, Play/Pause,
Stop, Next Track, but they don't show up: a thin vertical line replaces
each one. Exactly the same thing happens with the toolbars in the other
KDE application I tried.

I installed kcontrol to customize their appearance but it had no effect:
the icons on the toolbars still disappeared.

I have googled on “kde application toolbar disappear xfce” but no hit
shed light on my problem. I also searched the xfce forum to no avail.

This feels like a common problem to solve, since I'd imagine to be
common for xfce users to use the occasional KDE application, but I'm
stumped with no solution.

This is my environment:

Debian Lenny
Kernel 2.6.26-2-686
Xfce 4.4.2
amarok 1.4.10

Could anybody give me a hand on this ?

Oi, Paulo,

Did you remove some KDE stuff from you machine?
(in particular, kde artwork, maybe?)

It sounds to me like it might something as simple as you may have removed the images used for those little icons.

boa sorte,
tony

--
http://www.baldwinsoftware.com