Received "You had a Kernel Error"

Hi all,

I'm using Debian 5.0.1 on a few of my machines here, and for some
reason, with almost the same installation on two machines, one of them
has twice so far said in Gnome "You had a Kernel Error" and asked if I
wanted to send it to the Kernel.org thing.

I'm not sure why this is happening really, because it so far has
happened twice. Once while I was working on something, which I can't
recall, and then today when I came in the room where we keep the
machines, I turn the monitor on, move the mouse, and it says it again.
The only things open were:

Gnome, And GFTP as I had been downloading some stuff off of my personal
FTP server and uploading back ups.

I did have some updates available (3 of them) and when the message about
the error was clicked on to close it, I updated my system with apt-get
which is how I normally do.

I have all updates installed, and it seems this only happens when I log
into Gnome and leave for a little while with something running, but not
in any regularity.

I've checked log files looking for something to tell me what happened,
and so far nothing has come up as being a reason for a Kernel problem.

I read through all relevant logs, but nothing about the error was there.

The machine in question has an Internal CD-Burner, Internal DVD-ROM,
External USB DVD+CD-Writer which hasn't been used, 512 MBs RAM, 2.40 GHz
CPU (Intel Celeron) and internal video and sound that work.

The machine sits on a hard wood floor near a Central Air outlet so clean
cool air is close to it, and I also have a smaller desk fan on the floor
pointing between this machine and the one next to it (My Server PC
running Slackware) so that there is not only extra air flow, but to keep
heat from being built up around it.

The machine itself has proper cooling and an extra exhaust fan I
installed just to keep it cooler.

It has two HDs, one 80 GB HD split into two partitions; One 10 GB disk
which is Fat32 used by Windows XP on HD1, and also mounted in Linux.

The second HD is 160 GBs and is all Debian.

Any help to this odd problem is appreciated.

-Allen