Re: Purge sendmail queue

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 04:54:28PM +0000, T o n g wrote:

> Is there any way to purge sendmail queue?

I know there is in postfix (postqueue),  but I don't know the sendmail
equivalent.

> There have been many cases when I notice the mail-recipient run out of
> mail space after having queued hundreds of big emails in sendmail
> queue.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. In general, you shouldn't
simply delete inbound mail in a queue: it should either be delivered or
bounced. If it's outbound, it should either be sent or bounced, and if
it's hanging around in your queue long enough to be a problem then you
may have other configuration issues at play.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"