Re: Re: Re: Re: xemacs and auctex

Bob Parnes wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 02:18:31AM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
Bob Parnes wrote:
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:10:17AM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
Bob Parnes wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 01:12:50PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
I have the latest xemacs and auctex in lenny, but when I try C-c C-c, I get C-c C-c not defined. Any ideas what I did wrong? I suspect something in my .xemacs, but don't know what to look for...

thanks,
maria

Try installing python-mode

Bob Parnes
Thanks, unfortunately it didn't help. I tried from another users account, and same outcome, so I think I may have been wrong about it being a user config problem. Here are the xemacs packages I am using, as well as the auctex, in case that is helpful.

miles:~# dpkg -l |grep xemacs
ii xemacs21 21.4.19-2 highly customizable text editor ii xemacs21-basesupport 2007.04.27-1 Editor and kitchen sink -- compiled elisp su ii xemacs21-bin 21.4.19-2 highly customizable text editor -- support b ii xemacs21-mule 21.4.19-2 highly customizable text editor -- Mule bina ii xemacs21-mulesupport 2007.04.27-1 Editor and kitchen sink -- Mule elisp suppor ii xemacs21-support 21.4.19-2 highly customizable text editor -- architect

miles:~# dpkg -l |grep auctex
ii auctex 11.83-7.3 integrated document editing environment for

My mind was running in the wrong channel when I suggested python-mode.

I use emacs21, and C-c C-c on a latex file does work. Out of curiosity
I installed xemacs-nomule, which also works on my system. The only thing
that I could see different from your installation is that the latest version
of xemacs 21 in lenny is 21.4.21-4. So you might try updating. You do have
the latest version of auctex. I doubt that the problem is your configuration,
unless somehow you managed to undefine C-c C-c.

Sorry I offered the wrong advice earlier.

Bob Parnes
No problem. Updating to latest version didn't help, so I think I must have managed to undefine C-c C-c somehow. No idea how I would have done that, or how to get it back. I tried getting rid of my config files to see if that would help, but no joy.

~maria

According to the auctex manual, C-c C-c is a shortcut to the command
TeX-command-master. If "M-x TeX-command-master" works, you could
assign the command to C-c C-c in the configuration file. If it does
not work, check whether xemacs is in LaTeX mode when you open a .tex
file. If it is in LaTeX mode, then I am stumped. If not, I don't recall
how to bring up minor modes, but the emacs manual should help. If it does not, let me know and I'll try to find out.

Bob Parnes

Reading the manual, how quaint. ;-) So,the manual said:
   For GNU Emacs, the recommended way to activate AUCTeX is to add the
following line to your `.emacs' file:

     (require 'tex-site)

And, this did the trick! Thanks for your help (and for not immediately yelling rtfm), and my apologies for not thinking to look at the manual in the first place. It had always just happened automagically for me before, so figured something was actually wrong. Apparently this line was not necessary in .emacs before, as I don't think I've done anything to my .emacs, and it use to work just fine.

cheers,
maria