Kopete won't render BBCode

Hello,

I'm running KDE version 4.2.4 and Kopete version 0.70.4. It seems that
etc tags are in place. I used to solve the same problem in emesene via
installation of a windows live - like plugin (probably non-free, I
believe), yet there doesn't seem to be such a plugin in Kopete
(perhaps for the better). Would anybody happen to know of any way to
make Kopete render BBCode? Here's a screenshot in case that I'm not
making enough sense:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/Bulgarian_Toothpaste/kopetescreenshot1.png?t=1245362737

Thanks for any relevant input,

Jason