Re: odd keyboard capslock behavior

Tony Baldwin wrote at 2009-06-12 09:44 -0600:
> But, on occasion, my capslock seems to go in reverse.  IE. with the [A]
> light on the keyboard lit, I type lower case, and with it not lit, I get
> ALLCAPS (opposite of normal behavior).
> Sometimes the behavior eventually corrects itself.
> Logging out of X also corrects this behavior.

I have seen software-related keyboard LED weirdness happen in 2 ways:

1. Switching out of X to a VT, like with Ctrl+Alt+F1, then back.  NumLock is
still on but the light is off.  Press the NumLock key once and the light stays
off and NumLock is off, and normal behavior returns.

2. Changing the NumLock in x86 emulator software.  At some point I used some
software that toggled the NumLock light when you pressed the NumLock key in the
emulator, but did not return the LED to its proper state when exiting the
emulation.  From then on the LED was the opposite of the actual NumLock status
(if the NumLock key was used an odd number of times in the emulator).

Likely neither of these is your problem; I have no other ideas.