Re: Unsure which package to report this problem with

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Jonathan Steel wrote:
> After a suspend/resume I noticed the following after running
> ifconfig. (The numbers increase the more I use the Internet). RX
> packets:1210 errors:78 dropped:155 overruns:78 frame:0
>
> Before a suspend/resume there are no errors etc. This problem happens
> both when using the wired and wireless connections.
>
> I would report a bug but I am not sure what package the bug would be
> in. After a suspend/resume I have tried restarting the networking,
> manually configuring the network etc. etc. but nothing seems to get
> it going at its normal speed again apart from a reboot.

It's presumably a bug in the kernel. You're best off trying a older or
newer kernel and seeing if you can reproduce the problem, and filing a
bug upstream if the newest released kernel causes the issue.

You can also probably just fix it by unloading and reloading the
module on suspend/resusume.

Regardless, in the future these sorts of questions are best asked at
debian-user@lists.debian.org, as owner@bugs.debian.org is only for
questions regarding the BTS itself. I've forwarded this response
there, and please direct your followup there as well.

Don Armstrong

--
It was a very familiar voice. [...] It was a voice you could have used
to open a bottle of whine.