Re: apt-get wrapper for maintaining Partial Mirrors

2009/6/10 sanket agarwal <snktagarwal@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> We all know that there are various distro's that build around Debian.
> I had an idea in mind whereby the task of making mirrors for personal
> distributions can be automated. This can be stated as: if a person
> wants to keep a customised set of packages for usage with the
> distribution, the tool should be able to develop dependencies, fetch
> packages, generate appropriate documentation and then create the
> corresponding directory structure in the target mirror! The task can
> be extended to include packages which are currently not under one of
> the standard mirrors!
>
> I think the tool can have immense utility in helping people automate
> the task of mantaining the repositories. Suggestions, positive and
> negative are invited.
>
> I have not included the impl details as I would first like to evaluate
> the idea at a feasibility and utility level.

How is this different from having a partial mirror and a full backing
mirror? (set the priority of your partial mirror higher with apt
preferences and it should override the backing mirror)

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.