Re: laserjet 1020+usb

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 04:54:50PM -0700, Enrique Morfin wrote:

> here is the hp-check -t output:

As you can see, the report found several missing dependencies and
although the printer is detected over USB, there's no CUPS queue for it.

I suspect you installed HPLIP from source.  If so, cd into the source
directory and run 'sudo make uninstall'.  Then run 'sudo aptitude
install hplip' to install it from the Debian repositories.  This will
automatically install the required dependencies.

You only need to install HPLIP from source if you have a brand new printer model.