Properly installed info

Hi,

after some weeks of reading the documentation of GNU Linux / Debian. I have from across things like this:

If the info and install programs are properly installed at your site, the command

              info install

should give you access to the complete manual.

My question is. How do I know whether the info system is properly installed? Are there some additional packages to be installed other that info that count as "good practices"? In other words, which packages are to be install to make very good documented Debian for mathematics, computer science and engineering use?

Thanks!

Very best regards,

Juan

Juan Pablo Amorocho D.