Re: upgrade Sarge -> Etch -> Lenny

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 23:43:06 +0100
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is Etch still available in the standard repositories?  I.e. can I
> just change Sarge to etch, then etch to lenny in etc. in sources.list?
>
> TIA

Yes, Etch is still available (use etch or oldstable in your
sources.list). If you upgrade from Sarge to Etch, then from that to
Lenny, make sure you read up the relevant release notes (first Etch's,
then after you've upgraded, Lenny's). Also read up on the relevant
erratas, too. It should be fine doing it in stages, but make sure you
read up first so that your transition is as smooth as it can be.

Graham