Re: Aptitude fails with broken package

>> Removing wx2.8-headers ...
>> __main__.PyCentralError: package has no field Python-Version
>> dpkg: error processing wx2.8-headers (--remove):
>>  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>  wx2.8-headers
>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
> [edit] /var/lib/dpkg/info/wx2.8-headers.prerm
> And by edit, I mean add something like "exit 0" near the start of the
> script.
the prerm-script is usually autogenerated and consists of an automatic part
and a manual part, which is executed if not all requirements are met for the
automatic part.
this is checked by a simple if-query.
you have to remove the if-query, the automatic part and the closing endif to
ensure a clean uninstall. just writing "exit 0" at the top would work, too,
but might leave some litter on your system.