Re: Configuring preferred web browser with Icedove

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun,07.Jun.09, 21:03:26, AG wrote:
Hello List

How does one configure Icedove (Thunderbird) to use the system's default browser. My system's default browser is Opera, but Icedove will always call up Konqueror and I cannot see any obvious way to change that ... even "advanced config" doesn't seem to show any options.

Make sure Opera is indeed your default browser:

update-alternatives --configure x-www-browser

Regards,
Andrei
That's the wide system solution, but you can make a local user solution if you are using gnome or kde, put the next line under $HOME/.gnomerc or $HOME/.kderc:

export BROWSER=/usr/bin/opera

and you are done.

HTHY