iceweasel/evince cups problems

Hi,

since recently, all cups printers are disabled in my iceweasel and evince-gtk print dialogs (I did
not check other programs). They are greyed out -- if I select one of them, the "print" button is
disabled. The only way to print is to create a pdf, and then to print it via, e.g., gtklp.

The problem also shows up with the mozilla.com firefox package, or using a fresh "guest" account.

Maybe it is related to bug #529978?

lpstat -t lists the printers as enabled, and I can actually print to them (using gtklp).

I use a mixed testing/unstable debian installation and the xfce desktop (cups* 1.3.10-2, iceweasel
3.0.9-1, xulrunner-1.9 1.9.0.10-1).

How can I get the printing system to work normally again?

Best wishes,

Alexander Bürger