screen grab of scrolling window?

Hello,

I have an on-screen image that, unfortunately, is not all on the screen;
it's too big to fit on screen and there are scrollbars for me to scroll
to view this and that portion of the image.

Question: Is there a program that can perform a screen dump or a screen
grab of a scrolling window, to convert the entire contents (i.e. not
just the on-screen contents) of that window to e.g. a png file?

In this instance, the image in question is that of an emailed PDF
document created under Mac OS X; I want to be able to grab/snap exactly
how the document looks under Linux here and send that grab back to the
creator. It turns out that ImageMagick's convert(1) program almost but
doesn't quite do the trick; what it does is shrink the image down to my
screen height first.

Thank you,
Eric
--