Re: Can I preserve the case of folder name after a vfat partition is mounted?

ronggui wong wrote, on 2009-05-30 12:08:
Dear All,

I use this setting in /etc/fstab to mount fat32 partitions.

/dev/hda6	/media/wine	vfat	user,umask=000	0	0

It works fine, except that the upper case of folder name becomes lower
case when the name contains upper case letter only, namely "R" becomes
"r", but "Keep" is still "Keep" as it contains both upper case letter
and lower case letter. Is it possible to keep all the case after
mounted?

Regards

Ronggui

In one situation I used the following option on a vfat filesystem:

shortname=win95

I haven't found where the options are documented.

Arthur.