Re: udev tutorials or howtos?

Franklin, thanks much for the description of udev. I found a website with an article on writing udev rules and that was at the top of google's sort order and started reading it earlier today. There was much work done on udev and it's quite impressive how it handles usb type devices. Earlier I forgot to do modprobe floppy so although the modules were in the kernel the system hadn't yet been formally introduced to that drive. I was close to the end of a day that had been a bit too long when I wrote that last message.