Re: using debian dvd iso image with apt

On Friday 29 May 2009, Raffaele Morelli wrote:

> 2009/5/23 Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz>
>
> > On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 01:51:45PM +0200, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> > > Hi you all,
> > >
> > > I have 3 debian boxes (two i386 and one amd64) which are not
> > > connected to the network so I usually do upgrades by downloading
> > > weekly generated dvd

> > > images, burning images to a dvd-rw and running apt-cdrom add &&
> >
> > apt-upgrade.
> >
> > > My question is: can I fool apt in order to avoid burning dvd-rw
> > > each
> >
> > week?

I use apt-zip to download the updated packages to a flash drive in order
to upgrade a box with limited internet access.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                                           |
|   Research Scientist III                                             |
|   NYS Dept. of Health                           judd@wadsworth.org   |
|   Wadsworth Center - ESP                                             |
|   P. O. Box 509                                    518 486-7829      |
|   Albany, NY 12201-0509                                              |

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.