Logrotate error in lenny

Hi,

Running Lenny, I'm getting an error in my daily cron log:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: error running shared postrotate script for /var/log/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

The failure appears to occur in /etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server:
# If this fails, check debian.conf!
MYADMIN="/usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf"
if [ -z "`$MYADMIN ping 2>/dev/null`" ]; then
  # Really no mysqld or rather a missing debian-sys-maint user?
  # If this occurs and is not a error please report a bug.
  if ps cax | grep -q mysqld; then
    exit 1
  fi

The first test succeeds; the second fails.

Assuming the reference to check debian.conf is really to /etc/mysql/debian.cnf, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to check in it, but it's empty.

(a) What does this mean?

(b) how do I fix it / should follow the instruction to raise a bug?

Any pointers gratefully received.

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |