Re: Rhow to mount a usb disk automatic?

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Yi Zhao <zhao_yi707@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> hi, all, when I instert my usb disk into my computer, I can see the icon of
> the new volume in the desktop automatic, but, I will get a error message
> said "invalid mount option when attempting to mount the volume "samsum"",
> when I double click this icon to open it, I got "permission denied", how to
> fix this two problem??

Concerning the second issue . . .

The user trying to open the disk doesn't have permission (obviously).
Add that user to the plugdev group in /etc/group.

-Neal

BTW - Concerning your first issue, I suspect that helpers might find
more info useful (eg. what system are you using, desktop/WM, what do
you do to get the error message, etc.). Suggestion: Google: 'debian
mounting disks'

--
www.nealhogan.net          www.lambdaserver.com