Re: Login-Problem

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 19:59 +0200, K. Jantzen wrote:
> Changing the login screen I must have changed something that now prevents
> a "normal" login (with the possibility to login as user or as admin).
> Instead of the login screen I get a screen saying:
> "Please wait: Scanning local network"
>
> I don't want to scan the local network, I just want to log in!
>
> What do I have to change  in order to  to get back to the standard login?
>
> Thanks.
> --
>
> K. Jantzen

Hi,

You may have reset the 'default' session accidentaly.

The graphical login screen should have a 'Menu' or 'Oprions' list, you
would want to use that to set the login session to something other than
'Network' or 'Remote' (or ???).

With Etach KDM, you would select 'Session Type' and then either a named
(KDE, Gnome, etc.) or the Failsafe session.  Don't choos 'Default',
that's what I think has gotten changed.

You should be prompted as to whether you want to make this your new
'Default', so things should get set back to "normal" for you.

--
Bob McGowan