Re:Digital Picture-Frame

> > These are the latest fad. Comes with USB connector and a windows program
> > (which wine will not run).
> >
> > Connecting the USB yields the usual vfat file system. It mounts
> > read-only-- left to it own devices, KDE will mount it in /media/disk.
> >
> > How might I use this contraption. Maybe (maybe not), an appriopriate
> > fstab entry can get it to mount where I want it with write permissions.
> > Problem is that a different /dev entry is used each time, i.e. /dev/sdb,
> > /dev/sde, etc.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> 1) What make/model is it?

This is a "digibum" 2.4 inch, nothing fancy, a give-away at company dinners.

> 2) Does it have any way to interface with memory cards? Most of them do,
> and so if you have a spare one, you could simply copy the pictures onto
> that, and then from that onto the frame, using the frame's own software.

Not so fancy. Has native space for 60 pics which is certainly enough.

My Sony-Ericson cell-phone works as you describe. It's own fat is only
partially accessible but the memory stick is 100% available. So a good idea
but this unit does not have the chops.