Re: hi, all, help me with debian installation!!

(sorry for the duplicate post, Yi. I forgot to send it to the list)

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Yi Zhao <zhao_yi707@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> yes, I do this, but, when I choose this, it tell me this operation will
> create a new partitions on this disk, I think this will erase my data on my
> disk, so I choose "go back"
>
> I can't find choose partitions in other operations...

I'm a little unclear about what the problem is. Is the installation
process the same up until the partitioning part? That is, before
getting to the partitioning part of the installation are you asked to
choose your language, keyboard, timezone, etc.? If not, then what are
you using to install?

Here's a shot . . .

After choosing to partition manually, what do you do? Are you trying
to save data your old debian partition? If not, then just highlight
your old debian partition and click continue. If the system is
"broken," then I don't know why or how would save data. Anyway, there
will be a set of options, one of which will be to erase all the data
on that partition. Then you should be able to (re)install debian
there. Make sense?