Re: Installing xmonad?

Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:22:47AM -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:

Java apps work fine with Awesome, and it doesn't have the kind of
baggage that Ion does.

Awesome doesn't work under alternative windowing systems like VNC, which
limits its utility for some people. As a result, I stick with ion3.

I'm using Ion3 at the moment, myself.
It's pretty co0l.
And the java apps do work in Ion3, perfectly.
(just tried awm a while ago, again, and had the same issues with some windows that I had in dwm and xmonad...just grey boxes. They're child windows, if that makes a difference. The main window of the app, OmegaT, renders fine, but all child windows are just grey squares).

I just posted a couple of gro0vy Ion3 screenshots on my blog:
http://tonytraductor.livejournal.com

:)
tony

--