Re: Installing xmonad?

Foss User wrote:
I have a simple Debian installation with no desktop environment or
xserver. I want to try xmonad. Will this be enough to install xmonad?

aptitude update
aptitude install xserver-xorg xmonad

?

Aptitude should grab any dependencies.
Try dwm or ion3.

dwm is lighter than xmonad, I think, although to do any configuration, you have to completely recompile it. Navigation is about identical to xmonad.
All you need to get dwm is aptitude install dwm dwm-tools.
That should also install xorg, of course.
Personally, I've been using ion3, but only because java swing guis don't play nice with dwm or xmonad, and one of my most used work apps (OmegaT) uses java swing.

/tony

--
http://www.photodharma.com
art & photos | tony baldwin