Re: Can you recommend any screen capture utility for etch

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 06:08:52AM -0400, Long Wind wrote:
> I have try gimp for sarge
> It seems to have problem with capturing window
> I have tried scrot for etch
> It does not capture title bar when capturing window
> Thanks!

Rick Moen maintains a listing of options here:  "Screen Capture" on
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps

Items covered:

o  GIMP's "File: Acquire: Screen Shot" tool
o  xpaint
o  MagiCapture (requires ImageMagick)
o  Captura (proprietary)
o  Screen-Shooter (GNOME; requires ImageMagick)
o  "xwd | display -" or "sleep 10; xwd -root > dump"
o  KSnapshot (KDE)
o  fbshot (for framebuffer)
o  fbgrab (for framebuffer)
o  import (in ImageMagick)
o  Electric Eyes (GNOME; aka "ee")
o  EasyCopy (proprietary)
o  scrot
o  "cat /dev/vcs4 > screenshot" for virtual consoles (root user)
o  snapscreenshot for virtual consoles (root user -- unmaintained)
o  TiLP
o  vcsadump (for virtual consoles)
o  XScreenCapture
o  xsnap